Sunday, May 9, 2010

Patio Tomatoes!


Patio Tomatoes!
Originally uploaded by wallflowerbites

So far so good. Look at all those little tomatoes! They look so delicious even though they are green. I didn't grow these from scratch. However, at my new job, an employee bought these from Lowe's for me. So far the plant has 8 small tomatoes, with that giant green one being the biggest. I've fed them nutrients, but only every two weeks. I'm not sure if I should move them to a bigger pot. I'm trying to create a simple pesticide to keep from bugs eating away at the leaves. The simplest one is liquid dishwashing detergent with water in a spray bottle. I looked over some ingredients in a natural one at Home Depot and it seemed to be made of a small amount of essential oils with the rest water. I have seen some recipes which contain these oils such as rosemary. I hope to see them grown soon!

1 comments:

Vanessa Ashlee said...

I'm so sad! Some little creature took 5 of my small tomatoes. I hope it doesn't take anymore.

Post a Comment