Thursday, July 22, 2010

Make over your perspective: How to create a gratitude practice on Shine

Make over your perspective: How to create a gratitude practice on Shine

How ironic that I've been going through a phase where I want to morph into a good person. Apparently back at the end of May is when I thought practicing gratitude would be a good idea. Nevertheless, even without looking back at this article I have actually started a gratitude journal. It's only been three days. I often forget to look for things throughout the day or be grateful for the things that I've already written about. That's not the point of this journal, but I collect my thoughts at the end of the day. Since then, I have actively practiced how to turn a negative thought, for example when I'm about to complain about my other half not doing something at all or something right. I have stopped in my steps (mental steps) and turned into a positive thought. Such as, "What loving act can I do right now?" It has worked and stopped a major argument about who is to pay the credit card bill and that is was almost late! Give it a try. It will lighten your mood...

0 comments:

Post a Comment